Migraines, extended vein on forehead, severe throbbing in vein. Taken losartan. Why is the throbbing?

I am female 66 5fttall weight approx 130 had mirgraines severe since 15 they stopped 7yrs ago the vein on right front of forehead has always been extened. very visible. this morning for a few minutes felt severe throbbing in vein then stopped. no headache take losartan 25mg once day and water pill 1/2 of 30mg maxide twice a week am on no other scripts. The throbbing was very strange any ideas
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012
Diabetologist 's  Response
throbbing is an inherent part of migraines
i know
as a dr and also as a migrainee myself

well u are taking losartan
so u probably have hypertension as well
next time you have a headache
have your bp checked
high blood pressure in itself is a cause of headache
sometimes with throbbing nature

if the frequency of headache increases
we can always start prophylactic medications like
sibellium 10 once at bedtime

u r taking maxide
its a medicine usually prescribed for tension and stress headaches
so i would suggest relaxation techniques like meditation and yoga

meet your local physician
you are taking losartan
better drug are now available in the same group
like telmisartan and olmesartan
an equivalent dose would probably be 40 mg and 20 mg respectively

best of luck