Migraine since childhood, have intense headaches, hard lump at the back of neck that swells during headache. What could it possibly be?

Hi, I m 31 years old, female, and had migraine since I was a kid. It was normal for me to experience headaches but these past few days it became intense and I ve noticed a hard lump, sometimes swelling especially when I have headaches, at the back of my neck on the left side beside the spine . I used to do neck cracking to release the tension and sometimes massage it to ease the pain. What could it possibly be? Thank you so much for the help...
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012