Migraine issue. Tried butterbur with no effect. Can GON or botox help relieve migraine?

I have suffered with migraine for 53 years[I am 63 now] and have tried virtually all meds and treatments to no avail. I see the Neurologist on Friday as a follow up from 4th April. I was hoping to be offered GON injection but he is not hopeful that I am a suitable patient for this.I was told to try Butterbur which I have with no effect and a great deal of bother in trying to purchase this from abroad as it is not available here in the UK.DO you think its possible I have tried all avenues for cure or should I try again for GON or even botox which I have read can help.
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012