Migraine headaches with lump at the back of neck near spine. Could it be a problem ?

Hi, I am a 49 year old woman, who has battled with migraine headaches for years. recently a fatty lump has appeared on the left back of my neck - near the spine . This seems to cause pressure in the head - I can feel pressure when I cough, as well as a different kind of pressure headache. The lump usually goes away after 2 days and having used anti-inflamatory spray on the area. I have an old neck injury. Could this be the problem? Do I need to X-Ray?
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012