Migraine, base of the skull pain, disorientation, mild stroke, metallic taste in mouth. On maxalt. Is it something serious?

My wife took a generic Maxalt dose this morning in response to the onset of a migraine. Maxalt has effectively alleviated her migraine symptoms for several years, this was the first time she took a generic in place of Maxalt. Shortly after taking the generic, she complained of: 1) pain at the base of her skull, 2) some disorientation, 3) some trouble talking, and 4) a strong metallic taste in her mouth. It's now been four hours since she took the medication. Her migraine symtpons are gone, but she still has a strong uncomfortable metallic taste in her mouth. She's worried that she may have suffered a mild stroke or TIA (but she doesn't want to go to the emergency room). Should we be worried, should I insist she see a doctor immediately? FYI: I made her smile this morning, it was a balanced smile -- no sagging. Hope you can help... //BrianMcC//
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013