Middle finger cut on the knuckle, swollen. ER suggested for stitches. Healing time and treatment?

Two and a half weeks ago, I cut my hand on a broken glass vase. My ring finger and pinky finger was cut right above the knuckle. My middle finger was cut on the knuckle. I went to the ER the next day and they said it needed stiches but after a cut has been open for over 8 hours then they can only clean it and wrap it back up. My middle finger is still swollen around the knucle, small amount of brusing and hurts to bend or put any pressure on it.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013