Mid-shaft spiral fracture of humerus, using arm brace and sling. X-ray does not show signs of healing. Suggestions?

i have a mid shaft spiral fracture of the humerus , this happened 6 weeks ago, on the xray there is still no sign of thebone healing or a callous forming. is this normal as i would have thought some sign o healing would be evident. i am in an arm brace and sling and cannot straighten my arm. the bones are lined up straight and havent moved and my dr seems ok with this. i however am quite worried . thankyou. i am 45 yrs old
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013