Mid cycle red bleeding, getting heavier and darker, have excessive sex. Reason?

Hi, um i just got over my period last week and i have it again but its like a really dark color? It started on saturday me and my boyfriend had sex, and right after i went to the bathroom and there was a pinkish color and then it got heaver but when it got heavier it was a darker color? Why? Me and my boyfriend had sex plenty of times before that and its never happend before. We dont use protection eaither..
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Hi ! Good morning and a Happy New Year 2014. I am Dr Shareef answering your query.

If I were your treating doctor, I would advise you to go for a serum HCG test, and also an ultrasound of pelvis to rule out any possibility of pregnancy. Apart from that, I would also advise you for a vaginal swab culture and sensitivity test for ruling out any infection. Further management would depend on the reports.

I hope this information would help you in discussing with your family physician/treating doctor in planning your treatment. Thanks for using the health care magic forum for your query on health. Wishing you an early recovery. Dr Shareef.