Mid cycle bleeding with cramps, lower back pain. History of irregular periods post miscarriage. Normal?

Hi, I had a period Jan. 3 13, It lasted 4 days but was very heavy and full of clots. Two weeks later and I started bleeding again (Jan. 16 13). I m having cramps and lower back pain around my sides and there seems to be a lot of blood everytime I go to the washroom. I had a miscarriage 8 months ago and my cycles are still irregular and I am going to see a doctor next week to discuss that. RIght now should I be concerned/worried about this second period I m having. Is this normal?
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013