Microgynon for IVF. Why did I have diarrhea? Continue after starting IVF?

I have been advised by my IVF Consultant to take Microgynon 30 for 21 days prior to starting IVF treatment, however, I was unsure which month to try so started Microgynon 30 last month on the 3rd day of my period, but have had diarrrhoea anyway for a day or so so probably has had no affect on my system. The thing is I am due to stop the pill on 18th August, but as I have decided to start IVF treatment in September, wish to take Micrognon 30 this month also. I am wondering as the pill affectively stops you from releasing an egg i.e. harvests your eggs (I am 46 so mine are in short supply!), whether I should continue the pill on 19th August for 21 days rather than wait for the first day of my next period, as this could be delayed anyway.
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012