Microcytic anemia. Had iron infusions. Fatigue, breathlessness, loss of appetite and memory loss. What should I do?

Hi, I have been suffering from mycrocytic anemia for 3 years, I have been treated with a yearly iron infusion, however I spend 6 months of every year, totally exhausted, cold with my fingers turning white,breathlessness, loss of appetite , decreased memory and feeling generally depressed that I can t seem to get anything done. I do take iron tablets, on one occasion my iron levels were so low, I collapsed and had to have blood transfusions. I do not understand why I can t get anything done about the situation until I hit rock bottom. What would be your recommendation? I am 69 and female
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013