Metallic taste, tongue soreness, dry mouth. On antibiotics. History of lung infection, diabetes. Treatment?

Hi. I have type 2 diabetes and asthma . I see my endocrinologist and my primary physician regularly, and I have an appointment next week to see a pulmonologist . About three weeks ago I finished a ten day round of antibiotics for a lung infection. In the last 7 days or so, I have noticed a strange smoke smell that no one else seems to smell. I also have a very strong metallic taste in my mouth, so strong in fact, that it makes my tongue actually feel sore. My mouth has become very dry, and drinking more water doesn t seem to help. Do you think I may have some infection lingering?
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012