Metallic smell sensation in nose after exercising, swimming. Causes for symptoms?

i occassionally get a metallic smell/ sensation in my nose . Usually after exercise, in the past this has been after an intense cycle ride or a run. This typically happens about once every two or three months. For the last four days I have gotten this sensation very strongly. This is is happening after my daily swimming routine which is about a 500 yd swim in water that is between 3 and 6 degrees cenitgrade (38 to 43 degrees fahrenheit ). I have been doing this routine for about a year and this is the first time I am getting the metallic taste.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013
Rheumatologist 's  Response
Dear Sir,

I dont think there is anything to worry about . It can be because of the chlorine content in the water .

Dr. Shruti