Metallic smell coming from vagina, clear discharge, infections, bleeding. What is the best treatment?

So recently I ve had a Metallicy smell coming from my vagina . I have noticed it all the way to the discharge as far back as my fingers reach. It is a slimy clear discharge. Some background: Two weeks ago I had unprotected sex (against my better judgement) with a new partner. Further although he released inside of me I did not bathe immediately after ( I usually do as I am prone to yeast infections and find that cleaning after sex helps prevent them). Sure enough a few days later I did develop a yeast infection. I took monistat 1 dose and the infection immediately cleared (aside from some mild itching.) shortly after I had some light bleeding (for two days) which I ve assumed thus far was my period. (I m on the mirena and have not had one since 2010-four months after I got it put in-, but I know light spotting is to be expected.) as soon as the bleeding stopped I had increasingly malodorous discharge. I have an appointment with my gyno in a few weeks to check the mirena and Would hate to make an additional appointment just for this. I am just curious what the cause could be.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013