Met with dog bite. Little blood. No ARV taken. How to avoid infection?

Hi, I am sree, i met with a dog bite on my hand with teeth . But very small. i got very little blood when press strongly while cleaning the same as a first aid . I met doctor, general surgen, and he told no need of ARV injections . Because i told him about my past history that I had met with dog bites in my childhood 4 times and I took 4 times ARV full course. So the doctor said not required. He written in the prescription as no open wound. So i did not take care more as of now. Please adivce any thing which is required in my life to avoid infection of that virus.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013