Met accident, complaining of vertigo when lies down or gets up. Cause and cure?

why does a person feel vertigo when getting up and lying down.....after an accident .......actually mother had an accident two day back she is now complaining of vertigo when she lies down or when she gets up from lying position .........we had an x-ray of her shoulder and body they were all fine .....only one wound in the right palm of the right hand where she got some stitches.......and a very small bump on the right left of the forehead.....Should we go for an CT scan of the had for this or this is a normal thing after an accident
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013