Meprate10mg can postpone periods?

Hi Doc wedding date is 28th of April and my my periods is due on 26th ..i have a cousin who is a gynec..i spoke to her regarding this and she suggested me to take Meprate10mg..starting from 10th april..daily twice..till the ti me i dont want to have periods..she did not do any i take this tab for about a month..i mean can i postpone my periods till 20th of may.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Apr 2012
May 2013
Yes, meprate tablets can postpone the periods as told by your doctor.
If you are having regular menstrual cycles, to postpone the periods, you can start taking the tablets 5 to 6 days before expected date of periods.
And you can continue to take till the date you want to postpone.
By this the number of tablets to be taken can be decreased.
So, you discuss this option with your doctor and follow her advice.
While taking these tablets, side effects like nausea, bloating sensation etc can occur.
Usually these will subside soon.
If needed you can go for symptomatic treatment.