Mentally retarded, very poor apetite, bowels alternating between constipation, loose motions, LFT, SGPT normal. Medicines to improve apetite?

sir my son [13 yrs] is mentally retarded with avey poor IQ.At present he is on 2 neurological drugs Ep epival,10 ml thrice daily &Topaz100 twice daily. tThe main problem with him is that, he is unwiling to take any sort of food. it seems that he is not hungry at all. somehow i manage to make him drink some milk & fruit juice,you can say that s his food for the whole day.He s very much constipated so muchh so that his bowel movement is once a week.Again, he suffers from loose motion after a long phase of constipation during which he stops taking any sort of food totally.I usually give him sorbiline to control constipationbut it doesn t work much.As per his neurologist we do his LFT test & SGPT test after every 6 months which is normal. last month we had given him Flagyl to control loosemotion after a long phase of constipation.sir I ll be highly oblighed if you kindly help me with some medicines which can make him feel hungry.
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012