Mental problem, stress. Scared of time constantly passing. Is it an obsession?

Hi. I am currently off work with severe anxiety states - I have never had time off for this before although have had episodes over the years I have just 1 intrusive thought that scares me - time is constantly passing. No other thoughts. What I mean is that everything I am doing now is passing/has gone. I have seen a pyscho about this just once so far - useless! 5 weeks ago I was fine, but have dealt with a lot of stress recently. Is it a stress reaction? Have I sensitised my mind so much that this has become an obsession?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013