Mental illness, attempt to suicide, refuses to take medicines. What can assist?

Hello doctor, I m krishnan staying away from my family after my mother have mental illness for last 15 years.she s 40 now . My father trying to treat her by taking her to a doctors in vellore ie tamilnadu,India.but now she became worst not taking medicines and showing severe anger and fighting with everyone and trying to burn herself ie suicide attempt.i dono wat to do .we r from poor family.already spent much money.still I want my mom to be alright .money s nt a matter .pls help me.whether she needs to be hospitalized since she s not taking medicines and hiding the medicines and throwing it away...pls help me
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013