Menstruation not yet started after having all the symptoms

I am 13 years old and am in 7th grade. I was wondering if I could ask you some questions about menstruation? My mother started her period when she was in the beginning of 7th grade. My older sister started hers when she was in the middle if seventh grade. I haven t started yet but I am at the end if 7th grade. I have all the symptoms of starting but haven t yet. Is there something wrong? Also does it hurt to have your period? Thanks for answering my question. I am trully scared.
Asked On : Thu, 19 Apr 2012
Hello mam, I would like to ask your age and also if you have developed axillary and pubic hair and breast development? If all above are present then you can wait till 16 years of age. If not present then till 14 years of age. After that if you still don't get your periods visit a gynecologist.