Menopause, increase in weight, slow metabolism. Suggestions without diet,exercises?

HI my question is the following, I am 50 years of age a female, try to have a very balanced diet and reasonable excercise by either going to a gym at least 3 times a week and i walk when I can at least a couple of kms. However, I have just found out after feeling a little out of sorts that at the moment I am starting to go through menaupause. My questions is that no matter how I try I have seemed to gained at least 3-5 kgs and it is prodominantly around my torso and cannot seem to reduce...! I am obviously doing something wrong and have also noticed my metabolism has slowed down significantly. Any suggestions on how to best approach this without crash diets or exorbant excercise regimes ? THank you ... Cee
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
In my opinion you are suffering from peri menopausal symptoms.
But still to be on safer side get a pelvic ultrasound done along with thyroid hormone testing to see for any disease if present.
Till then you should
-increase water intake
-avoid excess caffeine and hot climate
- eat nuts and especially almonds and walnuts daily
- include soy proteins and tofu in your daily diet
- avoid stress and heavy exercise routine
In case you have further questions you can consult me on health care magic forum and i will be happy to help
Take care and wish you all the best.
Dr Manisha Jain.