Menopausal. Ovarian cyst. On regestrone. Remove uterus and ovaries?

hello doctor, i am writing to you on my mothers behalf...she is 54 yrs mum had menopause Some yrs back but after which on 9 march last year she had bleeding and after ultra sound we Got to know that she has a small ovarian Cyst ... doctor advised us to wait for another 6 months and take another ultra sound after which we saw a slite increase in Cyst a test Cs 125 was taken which was negative...that doctor advised my mum to take regestrone 5mg for 6 weeks and come back after another 6 weeks but she had bleeding 5 days after she stopped those medicines and it was a heavy flow for 5 days....i want to know if there is a need to remove the ovaries and uterus as the doctor advised my mum or is there any other option
Asked On : Tue, 17 Apr 2012