Memory loss, confusion. Prescribed Donep. Diagnosis? Tests required?

Sir ,.my father is 76 years old.For last 7years had had been suffering from the problem of recent memory loss .Now it is developed to the extend that eveytime he cofused regarding place and prson. He was shown to Doctor .at the time of examination he was just asked certain questions. In some questions he answered properly and in some not.After diagnosis doctor did not tell us whether he is suffering from dementia or alzimer or any other problem. and prescrimed certain medicine like donep

Sir can it be diagnosised properly actually to know what is the problem of my father?
Is it necessary to do CT scan or MRI and
Is It necessary to see whether he has any infection in urinary track?
I am waiting for your answer
Bijit Choudhury

Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013