Memory lapses, gall bladder removed, blockage in brain. What may be wrong?

Hi, we have noticed that my mother has gotten very forgetful lately, she is repeating herself over and over. She is 62 and oover the last year she has had her gallstones and gallbladder out, her discs ruptured on her back and she is also on a lot of medication for that. Last year they aso found a blockage in her brain ( a really small one but they didnt seem too woriried about it) without worrying my parents even more, as they have been through enough, how would we approach that she go to the doctor about her memory? My sibling also went down to the local doctor who reviewed her case and said that there was shadowing in her brain (why havent they done something about it?) She is quite a heavy smoker and she needs to give up as i dont think it helps. She doesnt and never has drank.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013