Membrane in nose looks worn out, red and dry with white discharge. What is it?

Hi, need a problem cleared up i have what looks like worn away the membrane or skin on the inside of my nose looks very red and dry and on occasion a small strand of tough white stuff comes out of what looks like a slit split in the bottom of the inside of my nose and then seems to stop and dry out and go then will happen say a few months later at first i thought this my be cartilage but am unsure and very concerned about it , i would be extremely grateful for a reply no one can seem to give me a straight answer to what it maybe thanks
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013