Member of the family has history of hepatitis C, currently PCR, hepatitis negative. Will exposure to his wounds transmit virus to me?

Hi Doctors, I have a very important question. My father was infected with HEP C 3 yrs ago during his bypass surgery .He was tested for HEP C just after a month and it came positive it was *acute* hep c and was treated with 6 months treatment.he cleared it and now is clean for about 2 yrs .he tests for HEP C every yr now PCR HEP C and hes negative! .My question is for example if anyone in our household get exposed to his blood like into a wound or anything with our blood .are we going to get the virus? even thou he doesnt havea virus anymore but his antibody test would always show positive tht means he will hve the antibodies positive so if someone is exposed or had hep c PCR negative persons blood transmitted somehow tht person test results would come antibodies positve too or negative? and why does he still have positive on the antibody test but negative on PCR? I get myself and my family tested every other 6-7 months we are negative but I am still afraid If I can get this disease by any means and If i do get exposed to his bloodto my blood ..Am i gona have antibody hep c positive too? im so worried
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012