Medication for kidney stone

My husband has a kidney stone and took a Motrin approx. 90 mins. ago, but the pain has not subsided. Can he now take a Percocet ?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Mar 2010
  Anonymous's Response

If the pain is due to kidney stone, then it will not subside so easily, last time when I had it, it was so aweful, I had to go to the ER after popping 4 meds but without pain control, they finally had to satrt me on intravenous pain medication which controled my pain and then i decided to get it I am in diet control and regualr follow up.

Homeopath Dr. Arif. K. Kaware's  Response
The pain of kidney stones is difficult to treat if the calculi is stuck at any point .Since he has not got relief in 90 mins may be wait for 20 moremins as sometimes it may stop around 2 hrs of oral medicine also.But instead of giving another medicine you take him to ER where they will give injectable medicine & pain will subside soon.