Medical abortion done. Taking birth control pills, dark brown vaginal discharge. Causes for symptoms?

I had a medication abortion 3 weeks ago on a Monday I started taking birth control pills the following Sunday , the abortion bleeding had already stopped. I have not had sex since the abortion. A week after being on birth control I started getting a dark brownish discharge heavier then spotting but lighter than a period it s been 2 weeks with no signs of letting up I m supposed to get my period next week , what s going on ?
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012