Medial meniscus torn. Have an MRI. Done therapy. What will help further?

i tore my meniscus when i was in the eighth grade going into my freshman year. I tore my medial meniscus and had surgery on it. I am now fully released and my knees were feeling better, I am a competitive cheerleader and after a state competition my sophomore year my knees hurt, both of them. I went to the doctor had an MRI and they said it was runners knee. I went to therapy for four months and things got better. My right knee is pretty great but my left knee KILLS ME! I cannot straighten it all the way, squatting lunging and running hurts. I get the occasional sharp pain while running. The pain is off and on and sometimes there is no pain for like a week and then pain is continuous for 3 to 4 days so it makes me unsure of the severity or the cause of my pain! help?
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013