May have left tampon inside vagina. White substance inside. What is it?

I may or may not have left a tampon inside of me. I have definitely since used two other tampons, but it was the end of my period so not much was coming out anyways. When I wasn't sure if I'd left it in there and started to doubt myself, I tried to check myself. I couldn't feel anything, and I'm not sure, but it looked as though there were fragments of either tampon?? or tissue?? I really don't know. Like little white bits over my finger after I checked? It's starting to freak me out!
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013