Masturbation addiction, unable to control urges, very thin for age. Treatment options?

sir, I am from a poor family and lost my father passed away when im a child. probably for the past 10-12 years im Masterbating badly. Initially i was doin that without knowing its purpose later i was understood and tried to control it now i cant control it. I am very lean for my age and I am feeling it like a aged man. Tell me a solution doctor.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your question.

Masturbation is considered as a normal human sexual behaviour. It does not cause any harmful health consequences. Some people have a beief that masturbation and loss of semen can cause weakness and medical problems. Please understand that this is not true and is just a misconception. Ther is no need to worry that you would have suffered bad consequences due to your masturbation or feel guilty about it.

If you have excessive worries or guilt regarding your masturbation, please consult a psychiatrist for further advise and counselling.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist