Masturbation addiction, masturbating during periods, weight gain. Any harmful effects?

hi i m 26 yrs girl and stil single........i have never done sex before but i do masturabtion and nw i am so habbitual of doing this and even do in my periods..so i wanna ask that is that harmful for me becoz day by day i am gaining wait and another thing is thta i wanna ask tht after marriege my husband will able to recognise that thing or not tht i do masturbation and all?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012
Hello Ashi
Thank you for getting in touch with us. We would like to assure you that masturbation as a process is not harmful at all and does not cause any complications. It is in fact completely safe and eliminates the risk of an individual contracting a sexually transmitted disease. Increase in your weight is due to some other reason and is in no way related to masturbation. Therefore, you should stop worrying about it. Hope this helped.
Regards.
Dr Gagandeep Dhillon