Mass present in both breast, in lymphnodes. If not cancer what could it be?

I have a mass in my right breast, I did a sonogram and a mamogram and the finding where abnormal. My Primary Care physician believes it might be cancer after reading the report from the radiologist. He reffered me to a surgeon, I met with him yesterday and he found another smaller mass in my left breast, but told me not to worry, it is small and he found a relatively large mass in the lymphnode under my right under arm. I asked him if it could be cancer and he said he doesn t think so. I am scheduled for a surgical biopsy this Friday. I asked him if it is not cancer what could it be and he gave me no answer. I nipple secretion , my nipple is inverted, the mass does not hurt and now I have another mass in the left breast (small) and my lymphnodes have a mass. If it is not cancer then what could it possibly be? Any ideas?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013