Mass on side of neck, normal blood work, advised CT scan with contrast. Why?

My sister has noticed a mass on the right side of her neck the doctor ran blood work and put her on antobotics. The results of the blood work came back and there is no infection found, but he continued the antobotics for 2weeks. She went back to the doctors and he now is sending her for a cat scan with contrast. Not sure why or what he is looking for, can you let me know why he would have ordered the ct scan with contrast.
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012

has the lump settled after the antibiotic?
your doctor most likely wants to find out the origin and nature of the mass thats why he ordered a CT scan.
a CT scan can give a more clear picture.