Mass between nose and throat, not able swallow or cough it up, trouble sleeping, using nasal spray, no effect. What could it be?

Hi, for the past 2 weeks i have felt there is something stuck between my nose and throat , mild to begin with but the past week has been unbearable. Im constantly swallowing and trying to clear my throat and it feels like somethings moving but never comes out. I am having trouble sleeping because of it and its making me feel depressed. I,ve recently stopped smoking (3 weeks) and using patches and dont know if this has anything to do with it. I,ve been given a nasal spray and been using it for the past 5 days with no effect.
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi and thanks for the query,
Please see an ENT specialist to get a proper examination.
If necessary you can get a nasal endoscopy done to see if there is any pathology.
It is an OPD procedure and does not hurt.
If a flexible scope is used the throat can be seen as well.
Do not worry.
Regards, Dr Kishori.