Married, experiencing homosexual feelings for men, suicidal feeling. Any way to avoid these feelings? Is it because of hormonal imbalance?

I m a married man with a wife and children. I m 39 and have recently been experiencing homosexual feelings for men. I really dont want to have these feelings and it had left me suicidal at one stage to the extent that I told my wife about this. It naturally upset her however she told me that she loved me and wanted us to stay together. I really dont want to have these feelings. Is there something I can take or is there some hormonal inbalance that could be causing this ?.
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
Dear Mark.jcampell
thank you for posting your query on health care magic
I understand what you are feeling and i must compliment your courage and honesty towards your wife to have shared this major concern of yours with her.
Firstly i would like to tell you such feelings are not based on hormonal imbalances and that this is a sexual inclination which anyone can have towards any person of same or opposite sex .So do not think of wasting your beautiful life over this .
I would suggest that you should visit a psychologist or a psychiatrist and talk it out with him or her.It will help you understand the process of inclination towards same sex and will help you get over this suicidal thoughts.
You are a lucky man with such a loving and understanding wife who is understanding you from the core of her heart .
So just relax and visit a doctor as i have advised you .It will be of great help
I hope i have been of some help to you and have answered your queries.
Fell free to post again if you have any further doubts
God Bless