Marfans syndrome, stiffness in knuckles, swelling, feels like a bone underneath. Causes and treatment?

Hello - I am a 38 yr old female diagnosed with marfans syndrome ( although I have no heart issues and I think it is a form of Ellers Donlos). I have been thru 19 surguries and am at the point that I truely dislike going to the doctors - it always seems to be a major problem that requires surgery when I go. Anyhow, the past week my knuckle has felt stiff and unable to crack . When I woke this morning, it was swollen. The swollen area is not soft, but almost feels like a bone underneath. I had no injury to the area. Any ideas?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013