Many side effects after taking Depo Provera. Should I use other methods of birth control?

hi, my name is Misty. Im on my first shot of Depo-Provera . it is my last month of the first shot and am scheduled to have it again in mid February. Ive had many side effects but the most annoying one is that I have been lightly bleeding for an entire month. My question is should I stop taking this and choose another method? or stick with it. I also have read that in order to conceive I should stop taking months before inorder to do so...this bothers me as well.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013