Malignant tumors in the back, microsurgery unsuccessful, had Skin grafting, femoral artery burst. what are the implication of this in future life?

My 7 year old grand daughter went into hospital with a rare malignant tumour in her lower back (right side) after 17 hours of micro surgery we were told it had not worked and a week later she had a skin graft. Two weeks later she was found in a pool of blood in the middle of the night, she lost over 25% of her blood and had the crash team and blood transfusions. Apparently her femural artery had burst. On the third operation to correct this they stopped the femural artery and she relies on the veins in the back of her leg. Can you please explain who this happened and what are the implication of this in her future life?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jun 2012