Malformed facial vein. Causes pain in cheek, jaw, difficulty in eating. Take specialist opinion?

Since early 2011 I have a malformed facial vein (left side) which occasionally swells and causes pain in cheek and jaw and difficulty eating. Two nights ago the pain woke me and has peristed since then. It is much worse when I wake up in the morning, but lessens by noon. It was ultrasounded during an acute attack last year, and the doctors were intrigued but didnt seem concerned. It looks like a tangle of spaghetti. I m concerned because it keeps recurring. Should I obtain a referral to a specialist? I have 2 small lumps on my thyroid which are being monitored but a biopsy only indicated that they were very vascular . Brenda
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012