Male partner, loss of libido, unable to enjoy intercourse. Treatment options?

Hello, My Boyfriend and I recently had a fallout over some text messages I sent to a male friend. He thinks I have cheated on him. The real problem is that now when we make love, he cant get into it. He gets an erection alright but he does not enjoy our love making. This is beginning to affect us and he feels he is letting me down. What can we do? Regards
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012
Dec 2012
Hello Theresa,
Thank you for posting your worries
Your problem is psycho-social and it all has to do with your boyfriend's state of mind and how he now looks at you. The fact that he must have thought you cheated on him probably shocked him and caused some part of him to loose interest in you. Now, it is left for you to convince him on the fact that you did not cheat on him. You probably need to give him sometime to see some value in you again. Just abstaining from sex for a while might give him reasons to be wanting you again and to have a bigger drive for you. In any case, your issue might not even need medical attention. But if you feel that you need counselling ( both of you), then a visit to a marriage counselor or a psychologist will do both of you good. From your description, I do not think your boyfriend is suffering from any physical disorder, in any case, you can also pay a visit to a doctor for help.

Hope this helps
Sexologist Dr. Ambekar's  Response
Dear thresa, the basic rule of good and rewarding relationship is faith and total belief for one another if it is lost the further relation becomes difficult. honestly have dialogue with him and if you are honest to him simply tell and show your concern for him. if you honestly explain him things, relationship will get refreshing turn. if by mistake you text messaged male friend accept it like you were flirting to see male friend"s intentions about you but you were not serious with establishing relationship with other gay . if tell honestly the truth i am sure your boyfriend will forgive you and start loving you more.