Male, on methadone. Advised to switch to suboxone. vomiting twice a day, precipated withdrawal. what is the remedy?

My fiancee has been on methadone for 7-8 years. His doctor and him wanted to switch to suboxone from methadone where he is ready to take the next step. He told him to stop taking methadone wait a couple days or until in moderate withdrawal, then take the suboxone. The last methadone dose was 86mgs on Thursday and has been coming down 2 mgs a week off the methadone for a couple months now, and was already in mild withdrawl. Now, we waited until he was a 29 on the COWS scale and after being without methadone for 2 1/2 days and waited two more hours and took the first 8mg strip (prescribed 24 mgs a day where he was on 80 mgs of methadone). It put him in precipitated withdrawal and has been puking all night. He can't keep anything down. I contacted the doctor at midnight last night and I told him everything, and he said to try to take another, so we did. The suboxone has to cover over the methadone. Right now it's 10:43 AM in the morning, he is puking about once-twice an hour, not in the amount of withdrawal he was in the first couple of hours, but where it's been 12 hours since he took 16 mgs, should he try and take the last one and feel a better? I just don't want his precipitated withdrawal worse. Is there anything to help this to make it easier? Is there anything to reverse this? Please help? It's hard to watch someone you love go through this and not be able to do something. I hope you can give me some advice and help. This was my concern from the beginning and it's happening, but I choose to listen to doctor instead of trusting my instinct. We should have waited longer, but now I don't know what to do.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013