Major fatigue problems, dizzy, low on potassium and magnesium. Reasons ?

Family member has had major fatigue for 6 months. Has a hard time walking without becoming dizzy and overall is weak. Bruises easily, just found out she has low potassium and low magnesium . She just started Potassium supplements and will be retested in 2 days. Other lab results are not back yet. She is not hungry and when she does eat food tastes too salty or too sweet. She is an alcoholic, although she says she has not drank any alcohol in 3 months.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, I would suggest that she should be investigated also for:-
1. Platelet count.
2. Hemoglobin levels.
3. Liver Function Test(LFT).
4. Blood pressure and pulse rate monitoring.

She should take care of her diet.
She should include fresh fruits and vegetables in her diet.
She should also drink lots of pure water daily.
Avoid alcohol.

She should take Vitamin C supplements in addition.

If the problem persists, she should seek medical attention.

I hope this is helpful to you.