MTHFR genetic defect, heavy bleeding post IUD insertion, bloating and cramping, do not want to used hormonal birth control. Other options?

Age: 22, Weight: 127 Height: 5 8.5 history: MTHFR genetic defect, asthma family history: grandparents with breast cancer and prostate cancer , dad: high blood pressure. I have always had an irregular period, and cannot use hormones for birth control. Because I am getting married in two weeks, I got a copper IUD inserted two weeks ago, and I am bleeding like crazy. The heavy bleeding started two days ago. I put in a super tampon, and within an hour I had bled through my pants and I am passing larger than quarter sized blood clots, sometimes two at a time. I am afraid that I might be losing too much blood. I am also bloated and cramping, but I know these are regular symptoms. I don t want to have to take out the IUD and find another method of birth control that isn t a hormone in just two weeks because I don t want anything to go wrong with negative side effects on the honeymoon. Is there something I can do?
Asked On : Mon, 24 Sep 2012