MRI with T2 white matter hyper-intensities cerebral hemispheres. Episode of vomiting with confusion, blurred vision, fatigue. Stroke or MS?

Thank you for your help ! My husband had an MRI that states he has scattered T2 white matter hyperintensities in both cerebral hemispheres. He has been treated since 5-26-12 for physical & heat exhaustion due to working 18 us hrs. A day three days in that wk. we were in a heat wave also. He got so sick and vomiting with confusion, blurred vision , severe headache. Fatigue , memory loss and pain and weakness more on the left side. An employee had to drive him back to the main office two evenings in a row who h is totally out of character for him. He was the foreman and never let anyone drive his work truck. He has had pain blocks in neck and knees thinking his stumbling was due to other issues. Two different drs. Told him it sounded like he had a stroke so we go to a neurologist . This is the diagnosis of the MRI with contrast. For several months the symptoms have continued now he has to use a cane to help him be more stable. Please help us understand could be have had a stroke or is it more probable to have MS ? He seems to have all the symptoms of both & he is only 46 yrs. old. The drs. Tell him his bisy appears to be much older than he is. His hair is falling out badly & he has had knee replacement 4 knee surgeries & 2 lower back surgeries . We are so confused at thus point !!!
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012