MRI test shows large heterogenous pedunculated fibroid of the posterior aspect of the uterus. Avoid hysterectomy?

Hi doctor;
Several days ago I took a MRI test.
The impression is: Large heterogenous pedunculated fibroid of the posterior aspect of the uterus. Calcification appears to be present within the mass. The size is 7.6 anteriorposterior, 11.4 vertically.
The doctor recommended hysterctomy. I really don't have my period that lasts for month. I last 5-6 days. It's not very gheavy. Is there any way to avoid hysterctomy? If not, than what hystercomy whoul you recommend? Will I save my ovaries?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013