MRI shows thecal sac effacement, mild spinal canal stenosis, mild arthropathy, slight impingement on nerve root. Meaning?

Hello - I am keen to get help with the following MRI result: “There is a moderately large left paracentral disc protrusion at C4/5, causing thecal sac effacement and left articular recess narrowing, without significant exit foraminal narrowing. High intensity zone in this region suggests possible underlying annular tear. Mild spinal canal stenosis at this level and bilateral joint mild arthropathy . C5/6: there is a mild/moderate left unconvertebral joint discophytic protrusion causing mild left exit foraminal narrowing. There may be slight impingement on the exit C6 nerve root.” Thanks, Sarah
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012