MRI shows inflamed nerve in T1 Lumber. Is it going to heal by itself or I have to do something ?

i have on L5 AND L4 lumber disk.My latest MRI showed that my nerve in my T1 Lumber is inflamed.What should I do? Is it going to heal by it selves or I have to do something about it.I just had an epidural shot on my back.After 10 days I got better, but I know the pain is going to come back.I am 51 years old woman, and I have this pain for 24 years and every year gets worst.Know I am waiting to be seen by a pain management doctor.Can you help me what I should do?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013