MRI shows herniation of intervertebral disc, spinal stenosis. Explain

What does my MRI mean? The impression: broad based posterior central herniation of c6-7 intervertebral disc resulting in spinal stenosis , encroachment on bilateral c6-7 lateral recesses and possible nerve root impingement also mild posterior central protrusion of c5-6 intervertebral disc, Narrowing of c6-7 intervertebral disc space with mild encroachment on bilateral c6-7 lateral recesses by marginal osteophytes? Can you please explain to me in patient terms? Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012